Core team meeting 2023-03-17¶
Attendees: Brent, Dom, Ghislaine, Kriti, Mukesh, Pavish, Rajat, Sean
Responsibilities redistribution follow-up¶
Questions, clarifications, decisions¶
- Sean: For projects, where should the source of truth be for assignments? In a central table? Or in each project’s page?
- Decision: We’ll get rid of the grid, putting all project responsibilities in their respective pages
- Sean: Can we use the word “leader” instead of “owner”? It seems more natural when referring to a specific role e.g. “Marketing team leader” instead of “Marketing team owner”
- Decision: We’ll continue using the word “Owner”
- Sean: Can we merge “Approver” and “contributor” into “helper”? Projects can be more specific if needed, but having only “helper” seems simpler as we’re looking at many projects at a high level
- Decision: For ongoing responsibilities, we’ll use “helper”. For projects, we’ll have more specific roles, per project
- Sean: We have “User Feedback” responsibility and “Feedback kickoff” project. Do we need to be tracking both right now? Should we at least ensure the same people are assigned to both?
- Decision: Yes, we’ll continue to track the separately, we’ll have the same people assigned to both
- Sean: What is the boundary between “User Feedback” and “Installation Help”?
- Decision: some users might fall into both categories, in which case they’ll participate in both processes separately
- We took some time to adjust the people assigned to owning and helping with various roles, making lots of small decisions as we went
“File data types” vs “Frontend Usability Improvements”¶
Sean: email with concerns about File data types project
Frontend Usability Improvements would be:
- Design UX for clipboard interactions. In particular, this issue has a comment from one of our sponsors saying, “This is for me a killer feature”.
- Allow content in selected cells to be copied and pasted elsewhere
- Allow dragging to select cells from active cell
- Cell selection is stuck in drag mode after closing the record selector
- Allow users to add/remove filter conditions via the column header menu
- Persist column widths via API
- Make all sidebar panes resizable
- Persist sidebar widths in localStorage
Decision: We’ll do “Frontend Usability Improvements”
Funding thoughts and update¶
Kriti gave an update about some of her plans and thinking for the upcoming funding project