2023-07-26 team meeting¶
List data type update¶
- Allocated time: 15 minutes
- Added by: Brent
- Required participants:: Brent, Maria, people interested in list data type
Maria will present a report about the current state of list data types in Mathesar, and her work over the last couple months.
Product strategy update¶
- Allocated time: 45 minutes
- Added by: Kriti
- Required participants:: Core team
- Discussion prompt:
- Discussion goal:
- Share progress and get feedback on current approach from the team
- This is an update on the work that Kriti and Ghislaine have been doing.
- Nothing yet is “finished”. Want feedback and thoughts as project continues.
- Kriti and Ghislaine have been approaching it separately.
- Kriti: high-level product strategy and goals
- Ghislaine: looking through all the data we’ve collected on what kinds of problems people use data tooling to solve. Figuring out trends so that we can get to personas.
- We had a persona for our launch last year. We’re seeking five personas to define right now
- We’re not seeking decisions today. Not seeking synchronous discussion. Just presentation, discussion can be async.
Presentation from Ghislaine¶
- We’ve been looking through public comments that we’ve noticed from Syften
- We’re documenting specific “use cases”, with a bunch of detail about each one
- Data extracted from these use cases is being stored in Mathesar in the User Research schema
- Also looking at industry blogs and job postings
- All this data will form the basis of the user personas that we’re defining
- Ghislaine will provide more info to us later (via a wiki page) about how we can collaboratively add data to her set of “use cases” data
- Pavish: how do we prioritize use cases?
- we’ll use the strategy to help with prioritization (Kriti’s work)
- Brent: concerned that the categorization scheme might be too ridgid and might steer us towards assumptions based on the scheme. Need to be careful to avoid confirmation bias
- Kriti: Ghislaine pulled the categories from the use cases, not the other way around. We’ll also have a process for inputting new use cases and re-evaluating the categories.
Presentation from Kriti¶
- We’ll try to have some discussion about this async
- We’ll continue seeking some decisions on the niche at next week’s meeting